Classic Auto Logistics, LLC Terms and Conditions
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- You can cancel an order at any time with no cost or cancellation fee, as long as the order has not yet been assigned (dispatched) to a Carrier. We consider our services rendered when a Carrier (transporter) is assigned to an order and costs are incurred.
- Once a Carrier (transporter) has been assigned (dispatched) to a shipping order, CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS will notify you of the assignment. From that point forward, there is a $250 cancellation fee. The remaining balance will be refunded in full.
- Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to Customer’s door as legally and safely as possible. A mutually agreed upon place to load or unload the vehicle(s) may be necessary due to low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions.
Contract Terms and Liability Disclaimer
- CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS will provide Customer with an estimated pickup and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during, transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. As is standard in the industry, there are no guarantees regarding pick up or delivery times and dates. CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS shall not be held responsible for loss or damages caused by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS shall not be held liable for the failure of mechanical Auto Logistics or operating parts of Customer’s vehicle.
- Carrier is authorized to operate and transport Customer’s motor vehicle between its pickup location and the destination set forth on the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
- Customer must prepare the vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Customer shall remove all non-permanent, outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to Carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (preferably 1/4 tank). Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for this matter. Toll tags should be removed as well.
- Carrier and CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS are not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage to vehicle caused by excessive or improper loading of personal items. No personal property shall be transported in customer’s vehicle(s) that includes, but is not limited to, Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS/Carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS/Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle, he does so at his own risk.
- If the vehicle is inoperable or oversized there may be additional charges. Customer agrees that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS has the right to reject (cancel) any order for any reason at any time.
- At the time of pickup, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage (exterior only) by completing a vehicle inspection report recorded on the Bill of Lading. Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the Bill of Lading.
- At the time of delivery, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for possible damages incurred during transit. Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
- DAMAGE MUST BE NOTED UPON THE BILL OF LADING UPON DELIVERY, in the proper place on the Bill of Lading, and signed by Customer regardless of weather conditions, time of day or day of the week. Signing the Bill of Lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received his vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition and that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS/Carrier and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. All claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Customer agrees that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS is not liable for any property damage claims to Customer’s vehicle and that his, her or its sole remedy is against the Carrier.
- Customer agrees and understands that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS is a registered transportation and property broker and is acting solely in the capacity of a broker. Customer allows CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereinafter referred to as “Carrier”), to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order. Customer further agrees and understands that CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS’s sole responsibility in the transaction between the customer and CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS is to procure a carrier for shipment of the customer’s property. Customer understands that Classic Auto Logistics never takes possession of, transports, or delivers the Customer’s property.
- Customer agrees and understands that all claims for damage to property arising out or occurring during the taking possession of, transporting, or delivery of Customer’s property falls under the Carmack Amendment if the transport is interstate.
- As outlined in Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761) the payment of freight charges may not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges should be paid in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item should be included in the freight claim.
- CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS nor Carrier will not be responsible for damage caused by acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of the vehicle or added personal items.
- Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pickup and/or delivery if for any reason they are unavailable.
- Customer warrants that he/she will pay the full transportation price due to CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS / Carrier in full and will not try to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc. from freight (transport) charges. It is Customer’s responsibility to provide payment when Carrier arrives- unless the balance has been pre-paid in full. All payments to Carrier must be in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order – no exceptions. Certified funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS. Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by these methods, the vehicle may be stored at Customer’s expense until Customer pays in full all transport charges. Should Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer.
- CLASSIC AUTO LOGISTICS’s U.S. Department of Transportation Broker’s license number is DOT 305-6967.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for classicautologistics.com and applies solely to information collected by this Website. Please read through the following information for more details.
Personally Identifying Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- Classic Auto Logistics, Inc is the sole owner of the information collected on this Website. We require certain information from our customers in order to provide them with the best quality of professional car shipping services. We only collect information voluntarily provided via email or other direct contacts with customers. The information that submitted to Classic Auto Logistics on our Website will not be sold or rented to anyone. The information collected will be used to respond according to the reason you contacted us.
Questions & Concerns
At Classic Auto Logistics, Inc, our reputation speaks for itself. Contact one of our Classic Car Specialists today to see how we can help you and allow us to answer any questions you may have.